Which would you take?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Which would you take?

Post by Sillaen »

The million dollar question. Which of these would you wear?

I currently wear the Ancient Velvet sleeves - Fire Focus 65% - 80
I can replace with the SoD group T5 sleeves - Fire Focus 55% - 85

Here's the dilemma.

Would you take the group sleeves which would net ~ 150 or so more HPs/mana over the Ancient even though it comes at a loss of about 20 - 30 dps? 2 of the 3 weave spells are better focused with the 65% - 80 considering they are lvl 81 and 82 spells.

One can only hope I get a core to upgrade the Ancient to Shimmering then it would be a moot point, but that's not exactly on the radar just yet.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Re: Which would you take?

Post by Zacatac »

Sillaen wrote:One can only hope I get a core to upgrade the Ancient to Shimmering then it would be a moot point, but that's not exactly on the radar just yet.
I'm wearing T5 sleeves until I get the ones from Krond. So far he is our first and only MMM kill, so I have a good chance at getting them since he will be killed weekly now.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Zacatac wrote:
Sillaen wrote:One can only hope I get a core to upgrade the Ancient to Shimmering then it would be a moot point, but that's not exactly on the radar just yet.
I'm wearing T5 sleeves until I get the ones from Krond. So far he is our first and only MMM kill, so I have a good chance at getting them since he will be killed weekly now.
Yeah, Krond is on a weekly rotation now too, but as I've only seen like 2 mage cores so far in all our SoF killing (we farmed the heck out of BM3 and Soulbleeder) and is IMO poor taste to bid on the cores for other classes (unless no one wants it) even though you can convert it. I wish these mobs dropped more cores per kill. 4 per would be nice.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Sillaen wrote:
Zacatac wrote:
Yeah, Krond is on a weekly rotation now too, but as I've only seen like 2 mage cores so far in all our SoF killing (we farmed the heck out of BM3 and Soulbleeder) and is IMO poor taste to bid on the cores for other classes (unless no one wants it) even though you can convert it. I wish these mobs dropped more cores per kill. 4 per would be nice.
We killed Kerafyrm in April 2008, by the time SoD launched, we'd only gotten 70 BPs from him. And we'd only finished our Cores for our full members by about August of last year. And we had far and away the most kills on the content in SoF. You just don't get a lot of armor with SoF. Never really did. Though with the downconverts in Crystallos, I'm sure Wrists are going to be all done. Which is important, as we've now got every essence but wrists going to alts from Tower/Earth theme. They really flipped everything around in SoD. (Slight side-bar!)

As to the question, I'd probably run with the group sleeves until you get a better Fire focus. The difference between the two is pretty minimal. The important thing is Spell Damage, realistically, for the Raiding Magician.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Sillaen wrote: I've only seen like 2 mage cores so far in all our SoF killing (we farmed the heck out of BM3 and Soulbleeder) and is IMO poor taste to bid on the cores for other classes (unless no one wants it) even though you can convert it. I wish these mobs dropped more cores per kill. 4 per would be nice.
We decided to ignore the class on cores. Anyone who wants to pay the $$ to convert can bid. In fact we put both cores up for bid together and it goes to highest 2 people, and then IF either of those people are a class that matches then they loot a proper class one.