New spells on Lucy

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

New spells on Lucy

Post by Merlaina »

So as Reviak pointed out there are new mage spells posted to Lucy on test. I wanted to start a new thread so as to not derail the poll thread. The spell list can be found here:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spelllist.html?classes=MAG&source=Test

I've also been looking these over and here is what I've found so far:

1 - Regular DS lines have a nice upgrade. Our regular DS got a 50% boost to effectiveness and duration has been doubled. Iceflame also got the 50% damage increase, including to it's defensive damage proc. Prism skin proc remains the same best I can tell.

2 - The earten stance line got a pretty major boost, but hard to say if it will make it more useful than rune. It now absorbs approximately 10K/20K/30K for ranks 1/2/3. This is a 231%/137%/105% increase respectively.

3 - Our direct heals only scaled about 7.4% instead of the 10% most spells are scaling, but our promised heal line was boosted 30%.

4 - The Malo line didn't get any increase to the damage bonus provided, just the resist debuff portion. However it did scale the damage bonus so it will work for up to level 90 spells. The resist debuff portion only got a ~5%-6% increase.

5 - The burnout line only got a boost to the minor stats it increases (attack, AC, str).

6 - Our guardian mana regen buff line got a slightly larger boost at around 25%. However still nothing to write home about.

7 - All damage spells got a pretty strict 10% increase in damage (our new Rk 3 ATA spell also got a 1% increased chance to annihilate with the Rk 3 version, up to 3% instead of 2%).

There are some spell lines noticeably missing, including:

Arcane Distillect
Ethereal Symbioss
Thaumatize Pet

Also some I could not analyze with the data available on Lucy, especially the mod rod line (though the mana cost increase is roughly 10% so don't expect anything special there), pets, and summoned weapons/armor. There was also a splash of lava spell with an unknown target type, but by the damage and cost it looks like some kind of AE.

Before continuing the conversation about these, please keep in mind they are only and test and just added recently. Obviously these spells may change before going live in HoT, and there is still plenty of time for feedback. Aka DON'T PANIC! :)
Zatpus
Elementalist

Re: New spells on Lucy

Post by Zatpus »

2 pics from another spellparser:

looks like symbiosis:
[26851/7319] Spectral Symbiosis Rk. II
Classes: MAG/90
Target: 38
Range: 200
Beneficial: Blockable
Casting: 3s, Recast: 1,5s
Recourse: [Spell 26854]
1: Decrease Current HP by 3721

some mana, long recast (possibly the sucessor to thaumatize)
[26839/7337] Gather Potential Rk. II
Classes: MAG/90
Mana: 1
Target: Self
Beneficial: Blockable
Casting: 12s, Recast: 00:07:00, Timer: 1
1: Increase Current Mana by 7473

Possibly there are 1-2 AAs with manastuff as well.

Splash of Lava looks like a Targetring AE

But beta still didn't start as far as I know, so thinks may come out complete different.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Gather potential looks promising though. Longer recast than thaumatize and a much larger mana boost. Bit of a long cast time but for almost 7.5K mana I'll definitely take it. :)
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

I like the new spell but it should give back at least 10k mana. The reason the Kiss item from LON though usable once a day gives back 10k, necro's get a ton more mana then 10k and honestly 7.5k while don't get me wrong I will gladly take it, is a bit on the low side. Lets see if we can push to get it to 10k (or more if possible).

I like it though it is a step in the right direction, lets just see if we can bump it and make it an aa so as not to use up a spell slot.

Calebe
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Some interesting stuff.

Grant Spectral Plate
Grant Enibik's Heirlooms
Grant Spectral Armaments
Grant Ring of Levitation
Grant Glacial Paradox
which sounds to me like it is targeted summons we've always asked for.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Zacatac wrote:Some interesting stuff.

Grant Spectral Plate
Grant Enibik's Heirlooms
Grant Spectral Armaments
Grant Ring of Levitation
Grant Glacial Paradox
TFG!
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

I hope one of those is the invis stone if not, we need to press hard for that, it is the most requested item I get, more so then pet gear and weapons. If you get into beta please request the invis stones become targeted summoned items.

Calebe
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Zacatac wrote:Some interesting stuff.

Grant Spectral Plate
Grant Enibik's Heirlooms
Grant Spectral Armaments
Grant Ring of Levitation
Grant Glacial Paradox
Bst: "WTB pet kits! pst!!!"
Mage: zap, zap, zap, zap, zap, zap, zap, zap, zap, zap, zap, zap, zap
Bst: your cursor is full....
Mage: "muahahahaha"

Srsly, about smurfing time. Thanks to whomever made this suggestion!
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

heh we dont need to press hard for targetable invis stones. definitly not needed and if you cant use old invis stone spell then delete your mage. you wont be in situations where youll have invis stone spell up already and just so lazy to not just summon it and give to someone.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Tacoma2586 wrote:heh we dont need to press hard for targetable invis stones. definitly not needed and if you cant use old invis stone spell then delete your mage. you wont be in situations where youll have invis stone spell up already and just so lazy to not just summon it and give to someone.
Using that same logic we don't need to have it for armor, weapons, jewelry, or anything else. The reason we want it is CONVIENENCE.