New spells on Lucy

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Danille

Re: New spells on Lucy

Post by Danille »

Same thing with invis killing pets or having to recast them every time we zone. We didnt need those features either.
And yes I am being totally sarcastic. people need to stop with the only dps or its not worth it attitudes. Some features just make the game so much more enjoyable to play.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

On all of those grant spells, if you look on Lucy the target type is single as opposed to self, so it would appear they are targetable forms.

Also some spells on Lucy that caught my eye were "unpack" spells. I don't have the Lucy entries up right now, but they were things like "unpack ethereal armor" or something like that. It would seem to indicate that our summon armor spells would summon one item that when clicked unpacked into a summoned bag with the armor in it. A step in the right direction I think, though I'd still prefer everything stacked on the cursor. And maybe it will be that way, like with quiver of marr, where the bag and then the items are all stacked on the cursor, so if you want you can delete the bag and then auto-inventory the items (or trade).
Erawen

Post by Erawen »

I got bored and started combing through lucy again...

Spear of Magma RkII - Big Boom with 3.5 cast, 11.25 recast, 11561 DMG

Scalding Winds RkII - PBAE 4 cast, 12 recast, 4865 DMG

Beam of Daggers RkII - Magic/Conj 3/1.5, 1889 DMG

Splash of Lava - Not sure on this one - Doesn't look finished

Strike of Sand RkII - Magic DD 3/1.5, 3079 DMG

Most of these say Category: NPC - but I guess that might be part of the spell making process.
It looks like they're considering Conjuration more - Also Scalding Winds looks like and upgrade to our PBAE line.
This is promising stuff~ :D
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Ok, so I didn't find Spear of Magma on Lucy but I did find Magmatic Downpour as a wizzy targeted AE at level 89. My guess with that kind of damage would be that is going to be a wizzy spell. I'll be very happy if I'm wrong though.
Erawen

Post by Erawen »

Ok, so some of the spells don't show up in the normal "Test" dump, but when you click on MAG those are there as well as some we hadn't seen before: Fickle Flare, Ruinous Servant, etc.

http://lucy.fnord.net/spell.html?id=26848&source=Test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - link for Spear of Magma

Again, this is all just searching and could be horribly wrong.

Hooray speculation!
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Wow, ok, so if these go in this way I'll be one happy mage.

1 - That's a very nice nuke. Great for burns or GoM procs, and more importantly I bet it works with twincast. Currently it's a tiny bit less mana than the new RS appears to be, so it'll be interesting to see how their damages compare. It also has a poopy damage/mana ratio, which is fine for a burn spell. It's also 500ish mana more and 1500 damage less than the wizard burn nuke, as well as considerably longer recast and no resist adjust (wiz has -50 adjust). Hopefully those things together will keep the wizards from yelling that it needs to be nerfed too loudly. Even better we can weave it with RS and our normal bolt for some serious burn damage. Yes, I'm liking this more and more.

2 - If I'm reading this right, and I'd like to think that I am, Surge of Shadowflares looks awesome. Check the hit count: 48. Would they really leave it in like this? Someone please say yes so I can keep dreaming.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Wow. Just looked at the list myself. Looks very nice. I can already see that 11k nuke pairing nicely with rejuvenation during twincast.
Erawen

Post by Erawen »

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=89038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grant Binding of Brazaz is a muzzle upgrade!
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Well, with Beta starting on Monday, looks like that whatever spells are on Lucy is how they are going to be minus the minor tweaking (up or down) that'll be done in beta. UF was my first beta so I'm not sure how much these new spells change but I'm guessing maybe not too drastically; especially since none are any wild spells and just the copy/paste we're used to.
Ellements

Post by Ellements »

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't we get excited last year about a big boom spell named spear of something, that turned out to be a wizard spell instead? Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember that before UF beta last year. It would be surprising if the devs introduced something totally new for us like this.

Good luck to those mages in HoT beta. Maybe the devs will listen this year. Last year's beta had an enormous amount of input from mages (including some very detailed info by the likes of Wire and others) and there was almost no response to it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.